Name
North Melbourne Giants

Badge


User Rating

(0 users)

Next Event


Head Coach
None Found...
Add new Player with 'Manager' position

League Position


Recent League Form ➡


Established
1980 (41 years old)

Sport
Basketball

Stadium/Home
The Glasshouse
(7,200 Capacity)

Jersey or Equipment Clearart
Archive

Location
Melbourne, Victoria

Nicknames

Competitions
_Defunct Basketball Teams

Last Edit
koberulz: 14/Feb/19
Site
Home / Sport / Basketball / _Defunct Basketball Teams / North Melbourne Giants


Upcoming Events

Latest Results
None Found...
None Found...

Description
Available in:

The North Melbourne Giants, previously known as the Coburg Giants, were an Australian professional basketball team based in Melbourne. The Giants competed in the National Basketball League (NBL) between 1980 and 1998, and played their home games at The Glass House.

The Coburg Giants entered the league in its second season (1980) and would change their name to the North Melbourne Giants in 1987. Under its new name, the Giants would have a lot of success, winning two championships, only to dissolve in 1998 to ultimately become a domestic association.

Team Members
View: Thumbs Cutouts RendersSort: Positions Names Numbers


none found...
= Player Contract years remaining
= Player Statistics available latest season

Stadium or Home

The Holden Centre (originally known as the Swimming and Diving Stadium and formerly known as the Olympic Swimming Stadium, Melbourne Sports and Entertainment Centre, Holden Centre, and unofficially The Glass House) is a sports administration and training facility located in the Melbourne Sports and Entertainment Precinct in Melbourne, Australia. The facility opened in 1956 as an aquatic centre for the 1956 Olympic Games. In 1983, the Olympic-sized pool was replaced with a parquetry floor and the facility became Melbourne's home to numerous basketball events until 1998, most notably as the home venue for several National Basketball League teams including the North Melbourne Giants and Melbourne Tigers. The venue served as Melbourne's primary indoor concert arena from 1984 to 1988, until the completion of the Rod Laver Arena.

Fanart



Banner


Other Links